The following street closings, detours and traffic control measures have been established for Thursday, October 11 from 12:30 p.m. until 8 p.m. for an event at the U.S. Cellular Center:
* Haywood Street from Walnut Street to Page Ave/Flint Street will be closed to all vehicular traffic including on-street parking.
* Flint Street from Haywood Street to Cherry Street will be closed.
* Hiawassee Street from Flint Street to Rankin Avenue will be closed.
* No vehicles may park in metered parking spaces on Haywood Street between Walnut Street and Page Avenue/Flint Street beginning Wednesday night (Oct. 10, 2012). Affected meters will be “bagged.”
* No vehicles may park in metered spaces on Hiawassee Street between Flint Street and Rankin Avenue beginning Wednesday night (October 10, 2012). Affected meters will be “bagged.”
* Vehicular traffic to and from the Vanderbilt Apartments will be directed through the Civic Center Parking Garage.
* The only access to the Civic Center Parking Garage will be along Rankin Avenue.
* At the end of the event, traffic leaving the Rankin Avenue Parking Garage will use the College Street access only. Traffic leaving the Civic Center Parking Garage will use the Rankin Avenue access and will be able to turn left and right to gain access to Hiawassee Street and Walnut Street.
* Special event pricing ($7.00) will be in effect beginning at 12:30 p.m. at the Civic Center Parking Garage, Rankin Street Parking Garage, and Wall Street Parking Garage.
* The N route (Asheville Transit System) will be detoured off of Haywood Street.
* N will detour October 11th, 12:30pm -8pm, due to a special event at the US Cellular Center. Starting at 12:30 p.m., N will turn west on Haywood St. to east on Patton Ave. and then resume the regular scheduled route. On the return trip, N will take College St. to west on Patton Ave. to Haywood St. to Montford Ave and resume the regular scheduled route.
The following bus-stops will not be served by N route from 12:30 p.m.– 8 p.m. October 11:
· Haywood St at O’Henry Ave
· Haywood St at Library/Civic Center